Steps to follow if you have misfuelled without realising
15 June 2022 | Rachel Harris
1. If your vehicle has started to run rough or has broken down, you may have misfuelled.
2. Pull over when it is safe to do and switch off the ignition. This will limit any further damage to your vehicle.
3. Call a reputable fuel company, such as Auto Fuel Fix, who can drain the contaminated fuel at your location and assess the situation.
4. Our technicians can provide a high quality fuel additive to add into your fuel tank. This will help to clean the fuel out from within the system and prevent any further damage to your vehicle.
5. If the car starts and run as it should, you will be able to go to the nearest petrol station to fill up and continue with your journey.
6. We would recommend that you have your fuel filter replaced as soon as possible.
7. If your engine doesn’t start after having the fuel removed, the technician will have your vehicle recovered to the nearest garage to be assessed by a mechanic.